Public Notices October 14, 2020 pg. 2
CITY OF STAPLES, MINNESOTA
NOTICE is hereby given that the General Election for the City of Staples, Todd and Wadena Counties, State of Minnesota and United States will be held on Tuesday, November 3, 2020 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. The polling place is the Staples Community Center located at 425 Fourth Street Northeast. Todd County voters enter on the east side and Wadena County voters enter on the west side. Sample Ballots are available for inspection at the polling place or on the Secretary of State website at https://www.sos.state.mn.us/elections-voting/whats-on-my-ballot/.
City Offices to be filled at this election are the Mayor and three City Council Members. The Mayor shall serve for a term of two (2) years. The three individuals receiving the highest number of votes for City Council Member shall serve for terms of four (4) years.
Dated: October 14, 2020.
Diane Archer/City Clerk
Open water along the shore with thin ice around the edges on the south shore of Lake Shamineau. Starting November 15, 2020 and into the early months of 2021. For inquiries call 763-535-1079.
Open water along the shore with thin ice around the edge on the South shores of Lake Shamineau. Starting November 2020 and early months of 2021. For inquiries call 651-698-8246.
Aeration system will be in operation, shoreline of Lake Shamineau, Lot #2196 from ice cover 2020 to ice out 2021. Purpose: to pre-vent shoreline damage due to ice expansion. Be aware of open water or thin ice.
An aeration system will be operating after Nov. 15, 2020 until ice out on Lake Shamineau on the South shore about 1-1/2 miles East of West end of the lake, which will result in thin ice and open water.
NOTICE: An aeration system creating thin ice will be in operation on the southeast shoreline on Lake Shamineau, 33203 and 33211, during ice conditions fall of 2020 and continuing through Spring 2021. The purpose is to protect the shoreline from ice expansion.
Please be aware of open water and thin ice.
Beware open water and thin ice. Aeration to occur on south shore along Lakeshore Drive beginning November 1, 2020 until April, 2021. For inquiries call 763-516-2514.
NOTICE of Public Accuracy Testing todd county
The public is welcome to observe the Public Accuracy Testing of Election Machines for the upcoming State General Election.
Testing will be held on October 22, 2020 beginning at 2:00 p.m. and continuing until complete in the Election Room located in the Main Street Government Center at 347 Central Ave, Long Prairie, MN.
Please contact 320-732-4414 with any questions.
Denise Gaida, Todd County Auditor-Treasurer
BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
215 1st Ave. South,
Long Prairie, MN 56347
Notice is hereby given that on Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. the Todd County Board of Adjustment will hold a public hearing in the Commissioner’s board room, 215 1st Ave. South, Long Prairie, Minnesota, or via phone conference call. Please email or phone your wish to be included in the meeting at 320-732-4420, firstname.lastname@example.org to consider the following Variance applications:
•Call to Order
•Board introduction and process review
o The applicant is introduced
o Staff Report
o Applicant request if staff report accurately represents the request
o Public Comment
o Board review with applicant, staff, and public
1. Dale Peterson: NW ¼ SW ¼ of Section 16, Township 132N, Range 32W in Fawn Lake Township
Site Address: 30696 416th St, Browerville.
1. After-the Fact Request to reduce the setback in AF-1 to the South property line from 30 to 0 feet due to existing structure built on property line.
2. Request to reduce the side yard setback in AF-1 zoning from the South side yard property line from 30 to 25 feet for future deck addition.
2. David Dunnigan: Lot 11 and part of Lot 10 of Birchwood Shores in Section 14, Township 127 Range 34 in Birchdale Township
Site Address: 12177 Alcott Drive, Sauk Centre.
1. Request to reduce setback from Ordinary High Water Mark of RD Lake from 100 feet to 47 feet for building of attached two story garage with living space above
2. Request to reduce setback from Ordinary High Water Mark of RD Lake from 100 feet to 39 feet for building of 8 foot by 30 foot deck.
3. Request to increase the maximum building height for dwellings within minimum setbacks from 18 feet to 24 feet.
3. Sally Welsh: 0.7 Acres on East shore of Big Birch Lake, Section 29, Township 127, Range 32 in Grey Eagle Township
Site Address: 10023 County 47, Grey Eagle
1. Request to reduce the Shoreland-RD Ordinary High Water setback from 100 feet to 67 feet for 5 foot by 20 foot dwelling expansion.
4. Brian Weinzierl: Part of Government Lot 3 South of CR 15, Section 12, Township 127, Range 34 in Kandota Township
Site Address: 13093 County 15. PID: 14-0014100
1. Request to decrease Ordinary High Water setback in Shoreland-RD Zoning from 100 feet to 80 feet
2. Request to increase maximum building height for structures not meeting all setbacks in Shoreland- RD zoning from 18 feet to 22 feet.
5. Gary and Renae Illies: 9.56 Acres in NW4 and Government Lot 1 in Kandota Township
Site Address: 20547 Akron Trail, Sauk Centre
1. Request to reduce the lot width requirement for new lots in Shoreland-RD Zoning from 150 Feet to 85 Feet.
6. Greystone Golf Club AKA Sauk Centre Country Club: 2.84 Acres North of Greystone Addition in Kandota Township
Site Address: 106XX US 71, Sauk Centre
1. After-the-Fact Request to reduce lot width requirement for new lots in Shoreland-RD zoning from 150 Feet to 90 Feet.
November 19, 2020
All persons interested are invited to attend said hearing or submit a letter to be heard on these matters. All correspondence must include name, mailing address and be received 48 hours before the date and time of the hearing.
Todd County Board of
Bill Berscheit, Chair