Cabin damaged in electrical fire

On Saturday, July 2, at 12:52 a.m., the Wadena County Sheriff’s Office responded to a residence on Conservation Road northeast of Wadena for a structure fire. 

When deputies arrived on scene they saw smoke coming from the roof and vent. The property owners, Alan Froleck, 65, of St. Joseph and Paul Froleck, 59 of Hawley had exited the cabin with no injuries.

The occupants stated they were awake watching a movie when they could hear a popping noise and soon after noticed smoke in the cabin. They attempted to put the fire out themselves, with water, but attempts failed and 911 was called. 

The Wadena and Verndale Fire Depts. responded to the scene. When the fire departments arrived, the roof burst into flames. The fire departments were able to extinguish the fire. 

The cabin suffered major damage to the roof and the cause of the fire was determined to be electrical.

Advertising Deadlines

Deadline for advertisements and copy is Friday, noon.

Staples World

Mailing Address: P.O. Box 100 Staples, MN 56479 Telephone: (218) 894-1112 - Fax: (218) 894-3570 Toll Free: 1-888-894-1112 E Mail:;

Deadline: Friday, noon


Sign Up For Breaking News

Stay informed on our latest news!

Manage my subscriptions

Subscribe to Breaking News feed