Public Notices July 10, 2019
CITY OF STAPLES
ORDINANCE NO. 521
AN ORDINANCE REGARDING THE SALE OF PROPERTY
THE CITY OF STAPLES DOES ORDAIN AS FOLLOWS:
Sec. 1 The City of Staples is hereby empowered to sell the following real estate located in the City of Staples, County of Todd, State of Minnesota in accordance with the sale price authorized by the City Council:
That part of the Southwest Quarter of the Northeast Quarter (SW1/4-NE1/4), Section 1, Township 133, Range 33, Todd County, Minnesota, described as follows: Beginning at the southeast corner of said SW1/4-NE1/4; thence North 00 degrees 14 minutes 13 seconds West, bearing based on the Todd County Coordinate Database NAD 83, 492.21 feet along the east line of said SW1/4-NE1/4; thence North 87 degrees 25 minutes 47 seconds West 922.61 feet to the east line of Ninth Street, ODDEN HEIGHTS, according to the recorded plat on file in the Todd County Recorder’s Office; thence South 00 degrees 15 minutes 45 seconds East 337.08 feet along said east line of Ninth Street to the south line of said Ninth Street; thence North 88 degrees 15 minutes 45 seconds West 66.04 feet along said south line of Ninth Street to the east line of said ODDEN HEIGHTS; thence South 00 degrees 15 minutes 45 seconds East 154.68 feet along said east line of ODDEN HEIGHTS and its southerly extension to the south line of said SW1/4-NE1/4; thence South 87 degrees 27 minutes 30 seconds East 988.45 feet along said south line of the SW1/4-NE1/4 to the point of beginning. Subject to an easement for street and utility purposes over, under and across that part of said SW1/4-NE1/4 described as follows: Beginning at the southeast corner of said SW1/4-NE1/4; thence North 00 degrees 14 minutes 13 seconds West 492.21 feet along said east line of the SW1/4-NE1/4; thence North 87 degrees 25 minutes 47 seconds West 922.61 feet to said east line of Ninth Street; thence South 00 degrees 15 minutes 45 seconds East 33.04 feet along said east line of Ninth Street; thence South 87 degrees 25 minutes 47 seconds East 889.56 feet to the west line of the East 33.00 feet of said SW1/4-NE1/4; thence South 00 degrees 14 minutes 13 seconds East 459.19 feet along said west line of the East 33.00 feet of the SW1/4-NE1/4 to said south line of the SW1/4-NE1/4; thence South 87 degrees 27 minutes 30 seconds East 33.04 feet along said south line of the SW1/4-NE1/4 to the point of beginning. Subject to easements, reservations or restrictions of record, if any.
Sec. 2 The net proceeds from the sale shall be used pursuant to Section 11.05 of the Staples City Charter.
Sec. 3 This ordinance shall take effect from and after its passage and publication in accordance with law.
/s/Chris Etzler, Mayor
June 11, 2019
June 25, 2019
Adoption: June 25, 2019
Published: July 10, 2019.
BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
215 1st Ave. South,
Notice is hereby given that on Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. the Todd County Board of Adjustment will hold a public hearing in the Commissioner’s board room, 215 1st Ave. South, Long Prairie, Minnesota to consider the following Variance applications:
• Call to Order
• Approval of the June 2019 BOA minutes
• Board introduction and process review
-The applicant is introduced
-Applicant request if staff report accurately represents the request
-Board review with applicant, staff, and public
1. Steven Olson: NW4 SW4 EX E 699 FT OF N 312 FT in Hartford Township
Site Address: 25212 County 16. PIN: 12-0003800
1) Request to build 24’ x 40’ shed addition 78’ from the OHWL of Long Prairie River instead of the required 150’ setback.
2. John Hinrichs: Lying W of Gov’t Lot 4 in Leslie Township
Site Address: 21457 Finch Road PIN: 15-0043500
1) Request to establish a 26’ x 40’ cabin 7’ from the West side lot line instead of the required 10’ minimum structural setback.
2) Request to establish a 24’ x 36’ detached garage 5’ from the East side lot line instead of the required 10’ minimum structural setback.
3) Request to establish 26’ x 40’ cabin 60’ from the OHWL instead of the required 75’ minimum structural setback.
4) Request to establish septic drainfield 5’ from the West side lot line instead of the required 10’ minimum drainfield setback.
5) Request to cover lot with 15.9% roofed impervious surfaces instead of the maximum allowed 15%.
3. Stephen R. and Sandra K. Swanson: Meneely’s 2nd Addition to Maple Lake Lots 14&15 in Little Sauk Township
Site Address: 18040 Edgewood Lane. PIN: 17-0052100
1) Request to move the peak of roof with 22’ peak height to the center of the structure.
2) Request to rotate ridgeline of roof with 22’ peak height 90 degrees.
3) Request to build 22’ x 8’ home addition 30’ from the OHWL instead of the required 100’ setback.
Next meeting: August 22, 2019
All persons interested are invited to attend said hearing or submit a letter to be heard on these matters.
Todd County Board of Adjustment
Bill Berscheit, Chair
NOTICE TO CREDITORS OF DISSOLUTION OF
SAMS FARM, INC.
Please take notice that Sams Farm, Inc. is in the process of dissolving.
Sams Farm, Inc. filed the Notice of Intent to Dissolve with the Minnesota Secretary of State on June 12, 2019.
To present written claims against Sams Farm, Inc., you must send them to the following address:
Sams Farm, Inc.
PO Box 849
Wyoming, MN 55092
The date by which all the claims must be received, which shall be the later of 90 days after published notice or, with respect to a particular known creditor or claimant, 90 days after the date on which written notice was given to that creditor or claimant. Published notice is deemed given on the date of first publication for the purpose of determining this date.
Any claims submitted after the initial 90-day period will be barred, subject to some statutory exceptions..
NOTICE OF MORTGAGE FORECLOSURE SALE
Date: June 24, 2019
YOU ARE NOTIFIED THAT:
1. Default has occurred in the conditions of the Mortgage dated June 12, 2014, executed by Henry A. Becker and Jennifer L. Becker, married to each other, as Mortgagors, to Compeer Financial, FLCA f/k/a AgStar Financial Services, FLCA, as Mortgagee, and filed for record June 16, 2014, as Document No. 489913, in the Office of the County Recorder of Todd County, Minnesota. The land described in the Mortgage is not registered land.
2. The Mortgage has not been assigned.
3. The original principal amount secured by the Mortgage was $184,500.00.
4. No action or proceeding at law is now pending to recover the debt secured by the Mortgage, or any part thereof.
5. The holder of the Mortgage has complied with all conditions precedent to acceleration of the debt secured by the Mortgage and foreclosure of the Mortgage, and all notice and other requirements of applicable statutes.
6. At the date of this Notice the amount due on the Mortgage, and taxes, if any, paid by the holder of the Mortgage is $117,571.66.
7. Pursuant to the power of sale in the Mortgage, the Mortgage will be foreclosed, and the land located in Todd County, Minnesota, described as follows:
The W1/2 of NE1/4 and the NE1/4 of NE1/4, Section 36, Township 130, Range 33, Todd County, Minnesota
will be sold by the County Sheriff of Todd County, Minnesota, at public auction on August 15, 2019, at 10:00 a.m., at the Todd County Sheriff’s Department, located at 115 Third Street South, Long Prairie, Minnesota.
8. To the best of Mortgagee’s information, the property being foreclosed has a property address of 28275 - 280th Street, Long Prairie, MN 56347, and has tax parcel identification number 12-0039000.
9. The time allowed by law for redemption by Mortgagors or Mortgagors’ personal representatives or assigns is twelve (12) months after the date of sale.
10. The property must be vacated by 11:59 p.m. on August 15, 2020, provided the Mortgagors have not reinstated the Mortgage under Minnesota Statutes, Section 580.30 or redeemed the property under Minnesota Statutes, Section 580.23. If the foregoing date is a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday, then the date to vacate is the next business day at 11:59 p.m.
Financial, FLCA f/k/a AgStar
Benjamin B. Bohnsack (#0319399)
Suite 300 US Bank Plaza
1015 W. St. Germain St.
P.O. Box 1497
St. Cloud, MN 56302
(320) 656-3500 fax
Our File No. 14790-0304
TO TAKE PLACE AT:
Management Area (WMA) in Todd County
Herbicide labeled for aquatic use will be used to control narrow leaf and hybrid cattail. The purpose of this treatment is to improve waterfowl habitat. Aerial spraying to occur between July 20 - August 15.
All affected public access points will be posted at time of treatment.
Comments or questions can be directed to:
DNR AREA WILDLIFE OFFICE
16543 Haven Rd
Little Falls, MN 56345
(320) 616-2468, ext. 222
Minutes of the Meeting of the
Todd County Board of Commissioners
MAY 21, 2019
Call to Order
The Todd County Board of Commissioners met in the Commissioner’s Board Room in the City of Long Prairie, MN on the 21st day of May, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. The meeting was called to order by Chairperson Kneisl. The meeting was opened with the Pledge of Allegiance. All Commissioners were present except Commissioner Erickson.
Approval of Agenda
On motion by Neumann and seconded by Becker, the following motion was introduced and adopted by unanimous vote: To approve the agenda as presented.
On motion by Kircher and seconded by Neumann, the following motions and resolution were introduced and adopted by unanimous vote:
To approve the Commissioner’s Meeting Minutes for May 7, 2019 as presented.
GAMBLING PERMIT - ROTARY CLUB OF SAUK CENTRE
WHEREAS, the Todd County Board of Commissioners are establishing their approval for a Gambling Permit for the Rotary Club of Sauk Centre through this resolution;
NOW, THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, that the Todd County Board of Commissioners approve a Gambling Permit for the Rotary Club of Sauk Centre to hold a raffle event at the Greystone Golf Club in Kandota Township at the address 10548 Andrews Drive, Sauk Centre, MN on August 2, 2019.
To approve to hire Jordan Host as a Seasonal Recreational Assistant effective May 21, 2019 with a wage of $12 per hour.
On motion by Becker and secondedby Kircher, the following motion was introduced and adopted by unanimous Roll Call vote: To approve the Commissioner Warrants number (ACH) 400224 through 400237 in the amount of $7,325.53 and (Regular) 51485 through 51578 in the amount of $64,875.96 for a total of $72,201.49.
On motion by Neumann and secondedby Becker, the following motion was introduced and adopted by unanimous Roll Call vote: To approve the Health & Human Services Warrants number 515059 through 515127 in the amount of $110,965.07 and warrants number 704968 through 705095 in the amount of $90,610.21.
On motion by Neumann and secondedby Erickson, the following resolution was introduced and adopted by unanimous vote: To approve the HHS budget request form to shift $200,000 budget line item from account Poor Relief-State Hospital Cost to Regional Treatment Center/Hold Orders/State Hospital account.
CliftonLarsonAllen / Auditor-Treasurer
Kristen Houle, CPA, Director from CLA reported that the Audit of the Financial Year Ending December 31, 2019 has been completed and a report of the findings/statuses was presented for the County Board’s review.
On motion by Becker and seconded by Neumann, the following motion was introduced and adopted by unanimous vote: To approve the abatement requested for parcel 22-0027300 as presented.
County Ditch/Ag Inspector
On motion by Becker and seconded by Kircher, the following motion was introduced and adopted by unanimous vote: To acknowledge receipt of a Hold Harmless Agreement petition from Steve Gaugert to clean part of County Ditch 7 on parcel 01-0027600, Bartlett Twp, Section 26.
On motion by Becker and seconded by Kircher, the following resolution was introduced and adopted by unanimous vote:
Agreement - Ditch
Maintenance & Replace Private Crossing -
County Ditch 20
WHEREAS, Tim Leach is requesting to maintain approximately 2,705 feet of Ditch D, Lateral 3 on County Ditch 20, and to replace a private crossing, both on his parcel 19-0001400. A Hold Harmless Agreement has been signed and submitted to the Ditch Authority, and;
WHEREAS, an onsite inspection has been done; a Wetland Application has been submitted to the TEP, and;
WHEREAS, applicant is allowed to maintain the ditch to the original width, depth and grade. An improvement by lowering or widening the ditch bottom is not allowed. Sediment and vegetation can only be removed to the extent of the original ditch bottom elevation. Spoil must be side cast and leveled, staying within 16.5 feet of the ditch, or moved to an approved upland site. The existing 24’ culvert will be replaced with a 36” culvert that will be 30’ long. The culvert will be placed at original ditch bottom elevation.
NOW, THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, the Todd County Ditch Authority gives permission to Tim Leach to maintain approximately 2,705 feet of County Ditch 20, and to replace a private culvert crossing on parcel 19-0001400, located in Moran Township, Section 2. The project will be done on his own property, at his own expense.
On motion by Neumann and seconded by Kircher, the following motion was introduced and adopted by unanimous vote: To approve and sign the contract between NCIC and the Todd County Sheriff’s Office.
On motion by Kircher and seconded by Neumann, the following motion was introduced and adopted by unanimous vote: To approve the Service Addendums to the Master Service Agreements for the Long Prairie Offices and Staples Branch Office Voice Services.
On motion by Kircher and seconded by Becker, the following motion was introduced and adopted by unanimous vote: To approve the County Feedlot Officer 2018 Annual Report as presented.
On motion by Becker and seconded by Neumann, the following motion was introduced and adopted by unanimous vote: To approve the payroll distribution schedule alteration for the January 1, 2020 payment release to be redirected to be released on January 2, 2020.
The Auditor-Treasurer Office reported on projects in progress including first half real estate collection totals and a Sourcewell meeting.
The Commissioners reported on meetings attended.
The Coordinator reported on meetings attended and projects in-progress.
On motion by Kircher and seconded by Becker, the meeting was adjourned for the month of May 2019.
Vendor Name $ Amount
FOR BUSINESS $4,418.54
M-R SIGN COMPANY INC 4,658.30
OLSON’S TRUCK &
TRACTOR SER 2,577.57
NOLTING INC 8,623.11
101 PAYMENTS LESS
THAN $2,000 31,638.97
HEALTH & HUMAN
Vendor Name $ Amount
CHAPEL - BRAINERD.....$3,500.00
CENTRAL MN COUNCIL
DHS - SWIFT.........................10,741.86
V #15418 COST EFF.
RURAL MN CEP INC..........17,712.85
123 PAYMENTS LESS
Vendor Name $ Amount
# 15336 $3,349.20
EDUCATION SERV. 8,271.38
LITTLE SAND GROUP
LUTHERAN SOCIAL SERV.
OF MN - ST PAUL 4,528.20
NORTH HOMES CHILDREN
& FAM. SRVS 2,934.30
MENTAL HLTH CTR IN 6,146.00
VILLAGE RANCH INC 3,375.00
WEST CENTRAL REG
JUVENILE CTR 5,431.00
THAN $2,000 37,498.07
On a motion by Erickson and seconded by Neumann, the preceding minutes of the County Board meeting held May 21, 2019 were duly approved by unanimous vote by the Todd County Board of Commissioners at the Regular Board Meeting held on June 4, 2019.
Witness my hand and seal:
County Board Chairperson
Denise Gaida, Todd County