Public Notices July 13, 2017
TODD COUNTY BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
Notice is hereby given that on Thursday, July 27, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. the Todd County Board of Adjustment will hold a public hearing in the Commissioner’s board room, 215 1st Ave. South, Long Prairie, Minnesota to consider the following Variance applications:
1. Les Levin: Sec-32, Rng-33 Twp-129 Rng-35 Part of Gov’t Lot 2
Site Address: 24076 220th St. PIN: 18-0039200
Variance request to 1.) Reduce setback from 100 feet to 50 feet from OHWM, 2.) To reduce the 10 foot setback from the adjoining property line to 2 feet, for a 494 sq ft garage.
2. Elaine J. and Bernard Gerdts: LOTS-28 and 42 and part of LOT 27 Nestlebush Subdivision (29-127-32)
Site Address: 30267 Aspen Dr. PIN: 11-0062700
Variance request to reduce the setback to the ordinary high water level from 100 feet to 48 feet for proposed 24 foot by 24 foot garage replacement of an existing garage.
3. Richard K. and Bonnie J. Johnson: LOT-4 BLK-1 Oak Ridge Preserve (9-128-32)
Site Address: 31419 Essex Trail. PIN: 06-0104100
Variance request to exceed the height limit from 18 feet to 22 feet for proposed storage shed to allow 14 foot door clearance on gable end.
4. Michael T. and Amy L. Miller: LOT -2 BLK - 1 Ehlert Division (3-127-32)
Site Address: 13240 County 103. PIN: 11-0087800
Variance request to exceed the height limit from 18 feet to 22 feet for proposed storage structure.
5. Lawrence and Janice Sass Trustees: LOT-6 BLK-1 St Mary’s Lake Subdivision (25-127-32)
Site Address: 34395 Autobahn Dr. PIN: 11-0079800
Variance request to build a replacement home that will require the following: 1.) Reduce the rear property setback from 20 feet to 5 feet. 2.) To increase the 18 foot height limit within building setback to 25 feet.
All persons interested are invited to attend said hearing or submit a letter to be heard on these matters.
Bill Berscheit, Chair
Board of Adjustment
STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF TODD
SEVENTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
Case Type: #14 - Other Civil
City of Staples,
Betty Self Drone, Estate of Betty Self Drone, Starr Botzet, a/k/a Star Botzet, Larry C. Botzet, also all other persons or parties unknown claiming any right, title, estate, lien or interest in the real estate described in the Complaint herein, and all unknown heirs or assigns of the above in real estate described in the Complaint herein,
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO THE ABOVE NAMED DEFENDANTS.
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you, The Plaintiffs Complaint against you is attached to this Summons. Do not throw these papers away, They are official papers that affect your rights, You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons, You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at:
Joseph A. Krueger
BROWN & KRUEGER,
P.A. 124 Lake Street South
Long Prairie, MN 56347
3.YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiffs Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute,
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Todd County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
Lot Ten (10), Block Twenty-five (25), Original Townsite of Staples.
The object of this action is quiet title to a tax forfeited parcel, pursuant to Minnesota Statute §284.11.
BROWN & KRUEGER, P.A.
By Joseph A. Krueger
Attorney for Plaintiff
124 Lake Street South
Long Prairie, MN 56347
Telephone: (320) 732-6112
Atty. Regn. No. 0328911
notice of mortgage forclosure sale
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN That default has occurred in conditions of the following described mortgage.
DATE OF MORTGAGE:
September 5, 2008; Assigned January 20, 2017
ORIGINAL PRINCIPAL AMOUNT OF MORTGAGE: $44,998.47
Nathan George, a single person
MORTGAGEE: American Heritage National Bank; Assigned to Jason George
DATE AND PLACE OF RECORDING: Mortgage: Recorded October 1, 2008; Todd County Recorder; Todd County, MN; Document No. 459390
Assignment: Recorded February 7, 2017; Todd County Recorder; Todd County, MN; Document No. 502805
LEGAL DESCRIPTION OF PROPERTY: All that part of Government Lot Two (2) of Section Twenty-eight (28), Township One Hundred Twenty-eight (128), Range Thirty-four (34), lying North of the Sauk River which runs through said Lot Two (2), and which lies East of Highway No. 11, also known as the “U” Trail Road.
COUNTY IN WHICH PROPERTY IS LOCATED: Todd
Property Address: 16086 County 11, Osakis, MN 56360
Tax Parcel ID No.: 17-0030801
AMOUNT DUE AND CLAIMED TO BE DUE AS OF DATE OF NOTICE, INCLUDING TAXES, IF ANY, PAID BY MORTGAGEE: $39,050.67
That all preforeclosure requirements have been complied with; that no action or proceeding has been instituted at law or otherwise to recover the debt secured by said mortgage, or any part thereof;
PURSUANT to the power of sale contained in said mortgage, the above described property will be sold by the Sheriff of said county as follows:
DATE AND TIME OF SALE: August 10, 2017, at 10:00 a.m.
PLACE OF SALE: Sheriff’s Office Lobby, 115 3rd Street South, Long Prairie, Minnesota, to pay the debt secured by said Mortgages, as assigned, and taxes, if any, on said premises and the costs and disbursements, including attorneys’ fees allowed by law, subject to redemption within six (6) months from the date of said sale by the Mortgagor(s), their personal representatives or assigns. If the mortgage is not reinstated under Section 580.30 or the property redeemed under Section 580.23, the time to vacate is 11:59 p.m. on that date.
MORTGAGOR(S) RELEASED FROM FINANCIAL OBLIGATION ON MORTGAGE: None
THIS COMMUNICATION IS FROM A DEBT COLLECTOR ATTEMPTING TO COLLECT A DEBT. ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED WILL BE USED FOR THAT PURPOSE.
THE RIGHT TO VERIFICATION OF THE DEBT AND IDENTITY OF THE ORIGINAL CREDITOR WITHIN THE TIME PROVIDED BY LAW IS NOT AFFECTED BY THIS ACTION.
THE TIME ALLOWED BY LAW FOR REDEMPTION BY THE MORTGAGOR, THE MORTGAGOR’S PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES OR ASSIGNS, MAY BE REDUCED TO FIVE WEEKS IF A JUDICIAL ORDER IS ENTERED UNDER MINNESOTA STATUTES, SECTION 582.032, DETERMINING, AMONG OTHER THINGS, THAT THE MORTGAGED PREMISES ARE IMPROVED WITH A RESIDENTIAL DWELLING OF LESS THAN FIVE UNITS, ARE NOT PROPERTY USED IN AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION, AND ARE ABANDONED.
Dated: June 22, 2017
Assignee of Mortgagee
PEMBERTON, SORLIE, RUFER & KERSHNER, P.L.L.P.
By: Marc W. Sugden,
Attorneys for Assignee of Mortgagee
203 22nd Avenue West
Alexandria, MN 56308