Public Notices July 20, 2017
notice of mortgage forclosure sale
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN That default has occurred in conditions of the following described mortgage.
DATE OF MORTGAGE:
September 5, 2008; Assigned January 20, 2017
ORIGINAL PRINCIPAL AMOUNT OF MORTGAGE: $44,998.47
Nathan George, a single person
MORTGAGEE: American Heritage National Bank; Assigned to Jason George
DATE AND PLACE OF RECORDING: Mortgage: Recorded October 1, 2008; Todd County Recorder; Todd County, MN; Document No. 459390
Assignment: Recorded February 7, 2017; Todd County Recorder; Todd County, MN; Document No. 502805
LEGAL DESCRIPTION OF PROPERTY: All that part of Government Lot Two (2) of Section Twenty-eight (28), Township One Hundred Twenty-eight (128), Range Thirty-four (34), lying North of the Sauk River which runs through said Lot Two (2), and which lies East of Highway No. 11, also known as the “U” Trail Road.
COUNTY IN WHICH PROPERTY IS LOCATED: Todd
Property Address: 16086 County 11, Osakis, MN 56360
Tax Parcel ID No.: 17-0030801
AMOUNT DUE AND CLAIMED TO BE DUE AS OF DATE OF NOTICE, INCLUDING TAXES, IF ANY, PAID BY MORTGAGEE: $39,050.67
That all preforeclosure requirements have been complied with; that no action or proceeding has been instituted at law or otherwise to recover the debt secured by said mortgage, or any part thereof;
PURSUANT to the power of sale contained in said mortgage, the above described property will be sold by the Sheriff of said county as follows:
DATE AND TIME OF SALE: August 10, 2017, at 10:00 a.m.
PLACE OF SALE: Sheriff’s Office Lobby, 115 3rd Street South, Long Prairie, Minnesota, to pay the debt secured by said Mortgages, as assigned, and taxes, if any, on said premises and the costs and disbursements, including attorneys’ fees allowed by law, subject to redemption within six (6) months from the date of said sale by the Mortgagor(s), their personal representatives or assigns. If the mortgage is not reinstated under Section 580.30 or the property redeemed under Section 580.23, the time to vacate is 11:59 p.m. on that date.
MORTGAGOR(S) RELEASED FROM FINANCIAL OBLIGATION ON MORTGAGE: None
THIS COMMUNICATION IS FROM A DEBT COLLECTOR ATTEMPTING TO COLLECT A DEBT. ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED WILL BE USED FOR THAT PURPOSE.
THE RIGHT TO VERIFICATION OF THE DEBT AND IDENTITY OF THE ORIGINAL CREDITOR WITHIN THE TIME PROVIDED BY LAW IS NOT AFFECTED BY THIS ACTION.
THE TIME ALLOWED BY LAW FOR REDEMPTION BY THE MORTGAGOR, THE MORTGAGOR’S PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES OR ASSIGNS, MAY BE REDUCED TO FIVE WEEKS IF A JUDICIAL ORDER IS ENTERED UNDER MINNESOTA STATUTES, SECTION 582.032, DETERMINING, AMONG OTHER THINGS, THAT THE MORTGAGED PREMISES ARE IMPROVED WITH A RESIDENTIAL DWELLING OF LESS THAN FIVE UNITS, ARE NOT PROPERTY USED IN AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION, AND ARE ABANDONED.
Dated: June 22, 2017
Assignee of Mortgagee
PEMBERTON, SORLIE, RUFER & KERSHNER, P.L.L.P.
By: Marc W. Sugden,
Attorneys for Assignee of Mortgagee
203 22nd Avenue West
Alexandria, MN 56308
215 1st Ave. South, Suite 103, Long Prairie, Minnesota 56347
Notice is hereby given that on Thursday, August 3, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. the Todd County Planning Commission will hold a public hearing in the Commissioners Meeting Room, 215 First Ave. South, Long Prairie to consider the following applications.
1) Daniel and Julie Johnson “Johnson BBL Legacy” Plat - Kenneth D and Judy Frieler owners:
M J Carroll Subdivision Outlot B (Sec-25 Twp-127 Rng-33)
Site Address: NA
Request to review a proposed preliminary plat “Johnson BBL Legacy” to establish one lot.
2) Land Use Ordinance Proposed Addition:
Proposed addition to the Todd County Land Use Ordinance to allow full implementation of the state mandated buffer initiative including enforcement by Todd County.
All persons interested are invited to attend said hearing and be heard on these matters.
Todd County Planning Commission
TODD COUNTY REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS for group medical insurance
Todd County is requesting fully-insured proposals for Group Medical Insurance. All questions regarding the RFP should be directed to Lori Hayes at Gallagher Benefit Services 3600 American Blvd W - Ste 500, Bloomington, MN 55431.
The RFP, submission instructions, all pertinent underwriting and general information can be obtained by contacting Lori Hayes at Gallagher Benefit Services: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 952-356-0712.
Quoting carriers must provide electronic proposals to Lori Hayes by 2:00 p.m. on August 10, 2017. Proposals received after the deadline will be considered late and ineligible for consideration.
OF SECOND AND FINAL READING OF ORDINANCE
CITY OF STAPLES
NOTICE is hereby given that the Staples City Council gave an ordinance its first reading empowering the City to sell the following City-owned real estate located in the City of Staples, County of Todd, State of Minnesota:
•Lots 1 and 10, Block 25, Staples Mill (Original Townsite).
The real estate is located between US Highway 10 E and Second Avenue NE and Seventh Street NE and Eighth Street NE.
The second and final reading will be considered at the July 25, 2017 Staples City Council meeting.
Dated: July 12, 2017
MOOSE LAKE TOWNSHIP
2018 LEVY MEETING
Moose Lake Township will hold its monthly meeting on Wednesday, August 2, 2017 at 7:30 p.m. at the Leader Community Hall. The 2018 Township tax levy will be set during this meeting.
STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF TODD
SEVENTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
Case Type: #14 - Other Civil
City of Staples,
Betty Self Drone, Estate of Betty Self Drone, Starr Botzet, a/k/a Star Botzet, Larry C. Botzet, also all other persons or parties unknown claiming any right, title, estate, lien or interest in the real estate described in the Complaint herein, and all unknown heirs or assigns of the above in real estate described in the Complaint herein,
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO THE ABOVE NAMED DEFENDANTS.
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you, The Plaintiffs Complaint against you is attached to this Summons. Do not throw these papers away, They are official papers that affect your rights, You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons, You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at:
Joseph A. Krueger
BROWN & KRUEGER,
P.A. 124 Lake Street South
Long Prairie, MN 56347
3.YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiffs Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute,
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Todd County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
Lot Ten (10), Block Twenty-five (25), Original Townsite of Staples.
The object of this action is quiet title to a tax forfeited parcel, pursuant to Minnesota Statute §284.11.
BROWN & KRUEGER, P.A.
By Joseph A. Krueger
Attorney for Plaintiff
124 Lake Street South
Long Prairie, MN 56347
Telephone: (320) 732-6112
Atty. Regn. No. 0328911