Public Notices May 18, 2017 issue II
Aldrich Township is seeking bids to replace all windows (8) in the town hall plus weather stripping the door.
Send bid with the amount for all the materials and labor to Aldrich Township, Barb Johnson, Clerk, 13153 County 23, Verndale, MN 56481.
Bids must be received by Monday, July 10, 2017. Bids will be opened at the July 10 meeting.
215 1st Ave. S, Ste. 103
Notice is hereby given that on Thursday, June 1, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. the Todd County Planning Commission will hold a public hearing in the Commissioners Meeting Room, 215 First Ave. South, Long Prairie to consider the following applications.
1) Shades Golden Eagle of Mound Lake LLC - ShipWrex: Lot-1 Blk-1 of Ehlert Division (3-127-32)
Site Address: 13218 County 103
Request to re-open and operate a bar and restaurant.
2) Bryon and Amy Karjala: Sec-01 Twp-128 Rng-32 Part of S2 NW4 AND Part of W2 SW4
Site Address: 33996 County 12
Request to establish a truck maintenance shop for owner’s trucking business, not for retail commercial purposes.
3) Jerry Kobliska: Sec-14 Twp-133 Rng-33 SE4 NW4
Site Address: 48727 County 21
Request to amend the zoning district for this parcel and change from R-2 Zoning to Commercial Zoning.
4) Jerry Kobliska: Sect-14 Twp-133 Rng-33 SE4 NW4
Site Address: 48727 County 21
Request to establish a loafing shed and feeding area for up to 50 animal units.
5) Verizon Wireless - Lambrecht: Sec-14 Twp-133 Rng-33 Part of SE4 NW4 AND SW4 NW4
Site Address: 29790 County 13
Request to establish a 199 foot telecommunication tower and associated ground equipment for Verizon Wireless.
All persons interested are invited to attend said hearing and be heard on these matters.
Todd County Planning Commission
Pursuant to Minnesota Statutes Section 123A.46, subdivision 6, NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN by the Todd County Board of Commissioners, Todd County, Minnesota, of a public hearing to be held as follows:
Date: May 23, 2017
Place: Commissioner’s Board Room of the Historic Courthouse, 215 1st Ave. S, Long Prairie, MN 56347
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Said hearing will be conducted by the Todd County Board of Commissioners, regarding the dissolution of Independent School District No. 2759 (Eagle Valley Public Schools) (“EVPS”) and the attachment of its territory to one or more adjoining school district(s).
EVPS will not be able to maintain a PK-12 education program as of July 1, 2017, for the following reasons:
1. The Secondary Tuition Agreement with Independent School District No. 787 (Browerville) will expire on June 30, 2017 and will not be renewed;
2. EVPS has been unable to secure a Secondary Tuition Agreement with an adjoining school district to educate its students in grades 7-12 and EVPS does not have the staff, revenue or facilities to provide its students with a secondary education;
3. The Minnesota Department of Education is withholding EVPS’s State aid;
4. EVPS has been experiencing declining student enrollment over five consecutive years;
5. EVPS is unable to repay Aid Anticipation Certificates of Indebtedness, Series 2016A; and
6. Other good and sufficient reasons.
Interested individuals are invited to attend and will be offered the opportunity to present information at the public hearing, and the Board of Commissioners, at a subsequent regular or special meeting, will make a final decision regarding the dissolution of EVPS and the attachment of its territory to one or more adjoining school district(s).
By: /s/ on file
Denise Gaida, Todd
Clerk to the Board