Public Notices Oct. 12, 2017
BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
215 First Ave. South
Long Prairie, Minnesota 56347
Notice is hereby given that on Thursday October 26, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. the Todd County Board of Adjustment will hold a public hearing in the Commissioner’s board room, 215 1st Ave South, Long Prairie, Minnesota to consider the following Variance applications:
1. Darlene Eldred: E 150 FT of W 535 FT of Govt Lot 2 S of Road in Section 27 of Ward Township
Site Address: 25391 County 62 PIN: 26-0025600
Variance request to reduce the setback from the ordinary high water mark from 150 to 103 feet for started open porch on the road side of the existing home.
All persons interested are invited to attend said hearing or submit a letter to be heard on these matters.
Board of Adjustment
Bill Berscheit, Chair
STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF TODD
SEVENTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
Case Type: #14 - Other Civil
City of Staples,
Edna E. Hietala or her Estate, also all other persons or parties unknown claiming any right, title, estate, lien or interest in the real estate described in the Complaint herein, and all unknown heirs or assigns of the above in real estate described in the Complaint herein,
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO THE ABOVE NAMED DEFENDANTS.
1. 1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiffs Complaint against you is attached to this Summons. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at:
Joseph A. Krueger
BROWN, KRUEGER &
124 Lake Street South
Long Prairie, MN 56347
3.YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiffs Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Todd County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
Lots 9 and 10 of Block 8 in Forest Park Addition to Staples.
The object ofthis action is quiet title to a tax forfeited parcel, pursuant to Minnesota Statute §284.11.
Dated: September 20, 2017
BROWN, KRUEGER & VANCURA, P.A.
Joseph A. Krueger
Attorney for Plaintiff
124 Lake Street South
Long Prairie, MN 56347 Telephone: (320) 732-6112 Atty. Regn. No. 0328911