Public Notices September 30, 2020
STATE OF MINNESOTA
RESOLUTION NO. 2020.0914
RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING ISSUANCE OF
CERTIFICATE OF INDEBTEDNESS
WHEREAS, the Town Board of May Township has deemed it necessary to construct a 60’ x 80’ maintenance building for the purposes of storing equipment owned by the Township; and
WHEREAS, the Town Board has deemed it necessary to borrow $220,000 to finance the construction of the maintenance building; and
WHEREAS, the Township is authorized under Minn. Stat. § 366.095 to issue a certificate of indebtedness to finance the construction of the maintenance building;
BE IT RESOLVED BY THE TOWN BOARD OF MAY TOWNSHIP, CASS COUNTY, MINNESOTA:
1. Pursuant to Minn. Stat. § 366.095, the Township hereby authorizes the issuance of a Certificate of lndebtedness in the amount of $220,000 in favor of the Pine River State Bank, Pine River, Minnesota, with interest thereon from the date hereof at the annual rate of 2.5 percent (%) per annum, calculated on a 360 day basis, amortized over ten (10) years, payable in semi-annual installments each year, commencing July 1, 2021.
2. The Township designates this Certificate a “qualified tax-exempt obligation” within the meaning of Section 265(b)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.
3. The Certificate of lndebtedness shall be payable from the May Township Certificate of Indebtedness Debt Service Fund (“Debt Service Fund”) which is hereby created. All levies made pursuant to this resolution for the repayment of the Certificate of Indebtedness shall be deposited in the Debt Service Fund and are hereby pledged to said Debt Service Fund. If any payment of principal or interest on the Certificate of Indebtedness becomes due when there is not sufficient money in the Debt Service fund to pay the same, the Treasurer will pay such principal or interest from the general fund of the Town, and the general fund may be reimbursed for such advances out of the proceeds of levies when collected.
4. The Township hereby levies the following amounts in the following years upon all property included in the Township’s net tax capacity for the purpose of repaying the Certificate of Indebtedness:
The preceding levy amounts, which represent 105% of the amount due on the Certificate of lndebtedness in each respective year, shall be deposited in the Debt Service Fund upon receipt by the Township.
5. The Township Clerk and Chair are hereby authorized to execute the attached Certificate of Indebtedness and deliver the same to the Pine River State Bank, along with a copy of the County Auditor’s Certificate required by Minnesota Statues § 475.63.
6. The Township Clerk is hereby directed to file a certified copy of this resolution with the County Auditor and obtain the certificate required by Minnesota Statutes §475.63.
Passed this 14th day of September, 2020.
TODD COUNTY, MN
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
2021 COUNTY FEE SCHEDULE
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Board of County Commissioners (the “Board”) of Todd County, Minnesota (the “County”), will hold a public hearing of the Board beginning at 9:15 a.m., on October 20, 2020, to be held at the Todd County Historic Courthouse, 215 1st Ave. South, Long Prairie, Minnesota, to solicit public input in order to determine the 2021 County Fee Schedules for the County Departments including but not limited to: Administration, Attorney, Assessor, Auditor-Treasurer, Environmental Health, GIS/MIS, Health & Human Services, Planning & Zoning, Public Works, Recorder, Sheriff and Solid Waste (Transfer Station).
The proposed 2021 County Fee Schedule is available on the Todd County website at https://www.co.todd.mn.us/ and at the Todd County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office, located at 215 1st Avenue South, Suite 201 Long Prairie, MN during regular business hours.
All interested persons are invited to make an appointment to attend the hearing in-person or submit written testimony prior to the hearing date. Written testimony should be submitted to the County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office, 215 1st Avenue South, Suite 201 Long Prairie, MN 56347 or by email to email@example.com. Individuals requiring special accommodations should contact the County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office prior to the date of the public hearing by calling 320-732-4414.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF TODD COUNTY, MINNESOTA
Clerk to the County Board
TODD COUNTY, MN
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING AND INTENT TO ADOPT THE TODD COUNTY SOLID WASTE DESIGNATION ORDINANCE
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN pursuant to the provisions of Minnesota Statute 375.51 Subdivision 2, that the Todd County Board of Commissioners intends to adopt the “Todd County Solid Waste Designation Ordinance”. The proposed ordinance will be considered at a meeting of the Todd County Board of Commissioners in the County Board Room at the Todd County Courthouse, at 215 1st Avenue S, Long Prairie, Minnesota, on Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 9:30 a.m. The 2nd Public Hearing regarding the proposed ordinance will be considered at a meeting of the Todd County Board of Commissioners in the same location as the 1st Public Hearing on Monday, November 2, 2020 at 9:30 a.m.
The proposed ordinance is regulated and authorized by Minnesota Statutes 115A.80 through 115A.893. This public hearing is being conducted to conform with the process outline in Minnesota Statutes 115A.85 and 115A.86
The purpose of the proposed ordinance is regulating the transportation and delivery of Solid Waste generated within Todd County; defining the geographic area and the types and quantities of Solid Waste subject to designation; specifying the points of delivery of the Designated Waste; requiring that Designated Waste be delivered to Designated Facilities; excepting from the ordinance certain waste materials; and stating additional regulations governing Haulers; and other matters.
The proposed Todd County Solid Waste Designation Ordinance, as well as a letter from the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency noting their approval of the proposed ordinance are available on the Todd County website at https://www.co.todd.mn.us/ and at either the Todd County Solid Waste Transfer Station, located at 30433 US 71, Browerville, MN or the Todd County Auditor’s Office, located at 215 1st Avenue South, Suite 201 Long Prairie, MN.
All interested persons are invited to make an appointment to attend the hearing in-person or submit written testimony prior to the hearing date. Written testimony should be submitted to the County Coordinator’s Office, 215 1st Avenue South, Suite 300 Long Prairie, MN 56347 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals requiring special accommodations should contact the County Coordinator’s office prior to the date of the public hearing by calling 320-732-1916.
September 16, 2020
Solid Waste Director
Todd County Auditor
STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF TODD
DISTRICT COURT SEVENTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
Court File No.
In Re: ESTATE OF
Lucky Damon-Ward Moore, also known as Colleen Victoria Moore, Colleen V. Moore, C. V. Moore, and Lucky D. Moore.
NOTICE OF AND ORDER FOR HEARING FOR FORMAL APPOINTMENT OF SPECIAL ADMINISTRATOR
Kristine Wiens has filed a Petition for Formal Appointment of Special Administrator. It is Ordered that on October 12, 2020, at 11:05 a.m., a hearing will be held on the petition by this Court by “Zoom” call. The contact information for the Court is (320) 732-7800.
The petition represents that the decedent died intestate leaving property in Minnesota. The petitioner has determined that there is no will and possible multiple assets. The petition requests the Court appoint a special administrator for the collection of assets.
Any objections to the petition must be raised at the hearing or filed with the Court prior to the hearing. If the petition is proper and no objections are filed or raised, the petition will be granted.
Notice shall be given by publishing this Notice and Order as provided by law and by: Mailing a copy of this Notice and Order to each interested person by United States mail at least 14 days before the time set for the hearing.
BY THE COURT
Dated: September 15, 2020
Daniel A. Benson
Judge of District Court
Rhonda Bot, by deputy
Mary Van Koevr
Mark A. Carter
Carter Legal services, P.A.
13911 Ridgedale Drive Ste. 355
Minnetonka, MN 55305
Telephone: (952) 935-7383
Facsimile: (952) 935-8956